Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NSS version to v3.0b feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ludsy

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2001
AU
We are patching all our Netware 6 servers to version 3.0b of NSS to fix some serious NSS errors that we were getting and a few other log issues. We have been reccomeneded this path by Novell and we tested on one server and it has fixed our problems immediately.

My question is has anyone else used this patch that can give me some other feedback.

Cheers,

Paul Ludlow

We've used this patch without problems. We weren't having troubles when we used it, and it's not on the server where user data is. We will be applying it to that server soon.

Running nw6nss3b on 4 clustered servers with more than 1000 users and no problems. It stopped a corruption issue we were having. It is running for a few weeks with no issues.

Chris.

Thanks for the responses peoples. In light of this we are rolling it out to the rest of our 17 NW 6 boxes. If we see or get anything adverse will let you know.

Cheers,

Paul

I saw some serious corruption on several servers at various companies before the patch, and after the patch, everything seems to be working fine.

Marv

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back