Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nsraddadmin RAP error : Permission denied, user '(username)' on '(se

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukraine12

Technical User
Mar 21, 2001
US
Hi, this is just to let you know of something that happened to me when installing networker 7.4.4 on a mc/sg cluster on hpux.

Everything installed perfectly ok and even the package started with networker on both nodes. i could run "nsrwatch" and had it discovered on the NMC machine which happened to be a windows server. But then the misery started. When i tried to add the user root or administrator with the nsraddadmin command from the command prompt, i always got the messages mentioned in the title. After some serious investigating and the message in the daemon.raw file: Unable to create default resource for NSR usergoup: Administrators, Cannot parse 'user=root,host='

I found the problem in one of the files beneath the directory : /nsr/res/nsrdb/03/xxxxxxxx

there is a file with all the parameters of networker in it. There was also a line with the administrator account. And there it was :
"user=root,host=" (no server name was filled in) this caused all the problems. After correcting this (adding a host) everything worked as it should do.

problem fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back