Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nsr directives 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy61

Technical User
Apr 19, 2006
GB
Hi, I'm very green on legato and I'm looking for help on nsr directives. I want a directive that prevents any file on the system with the dbf extension being backed up. I guess I need something like:
<</>>
+skip: *.dbf
What I have seen of documentation it suggests that the '/' refers just to root filesystem, not all filesystems mounted. Can anyone confirm this and if it is correct, is there a way of making this system wide without naming individual filesystems ?
The directive will not be able to be in a .nsr file as there will be times when dbf files are archived. Lastly, I'm posting this as we don't have a dev system, so all changes have to be 'tested' in live, so there is little room for experiment!
Thanks

Hi,

where have you seen that / only will be valid for the root filesystem and nothing else? In a directive this should be valid for all mount points.

Thanks for the reply.
Not sure where exactly as I've been trawling the web looking at a number of docs/threads. Maybe I dreamt it ! I must say it didn't seem reasonable to have to name all filesystems. I'll try it for this weekend's run and see how it goes.

The + in you skip statement will traverse the filesystem from the point specified in << XX >>, i.e the root in you case. So the "+skip: *.dbf" will skip all .dbf files found in the root as well as all subdirectories. Using only "skip: *.dbf" would skip only files found directly in << XX >>, not it´s subfolders. I suggest you also add different CaSeS, as some filsystems are case sensitive.

+skip: *.dbf *.DBF

Cheers!
MAverick

Worked a treat. Thanks for the help on this guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back