Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NSPI formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

goku78

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2013
MX
I am having issues to understand this formula,

NSPI = ({MM Services} x {echange servers})+ (2x {VMD ports}) + (25x{MAS services})

This is what I did,

MM services (There are 2 MAS servers in company connected to different PBX (different voice mail domains)
I check the total number of services in the MAS server (145 services in the server running), 145 x 2 (Because I have 2 MAS servers)

MM services = 290
Exchange servers = I think the number is the total number of exchange servers in for the company, is that correct?
I have asked this information to the exchange team

VMD ports = I checked the port monitor and I found 48 ports, but as I have 2 MAS, 48 x 2 = 100
VMD ports = 100

MAS services = I checked all the MM services and the total MMXXXXXXXXXXXX services I found was 14, do I need to use 28 as I have 2 MAS servers?

Hope someone can help me out to get the correct number of this NSPI connections,
Kind regards

The number of services refers to the ones running under the service account not all services on the MAS.

Are you sure that each MAS is using the same service account ? They really should not if they are 2 different VMD's.

You can safely use a rule of thumb to set it for 300 per MAS just to be on the safe side.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

In a multiple MAS setup the services are load balanced over the two. Check the Concepts & Planning guide for this information.
There are some services for MM that can only run on a single MAS and not all MAS. These services are Tracing, Fax, Call ME, MWI and Mailbox Monitor. The later three work together and must run on the same MAS. You can't run these services on more than one MAS. The VMSC (Voice Mail System Configuration) tool will show you where these services were configured to run.

But i think he is saying that he has 2 MAS's and each one is in it's own VMD.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back