Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NSA2400, Content Filter and ISA2004 Proxy performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharper

MIS
Sep 4, 2001
IE
Hi,

here is my setup:

NSA 2400 with comprehensive gateway security suite
LAN IP of NSA 2400 is client computer's default gateway
ISA 2004 with single nic for web proxy

My problem:

after much tweaking of the sonicwall settings (including those on the /diag page) I finally got the browsing speed through the proxy the same as directly through the sonicwall. With one exception: When I try to access a banned website through the firewall the blocked page displays immediatly but if I switch to the proxy the block page takes ages to display sometimes over two minutes (It still blocks access to the website though). I tried different browsers and it seems that IE7 and IE8 both have the problem, Firefox is slightly better and chrome works fine. Now I have to have the users use IE8 for their browsing (corporate policy and all that) so I'm stumped.

I know this is an odd one but if anyone has had similar problems I would be grateful of help. Thanks and regards,

Oscar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back