Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NSA 2400 IP spoof dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdog1175

IS-IT--Management
Jan 10, 2007
US
I have a 3 site setup Site A is the hub connected to Site B via VPN and Site C via PtP T1, I can use all network services across all 3 sites except that I can not ping from Site C thru to Site B (Site A and B can ping Site C) When I try to ping a server at Site B from the router at Site C I noticed I get a IP Spoof Dropped with source IP being the internal serial interface IP of the Cisco router. It's not that important to me but I am currently arguing with our phone vendor who is insistant that the VOIP is no longer working because we can't ping the far network even though all other network traffic is passing smoothly. Not sure if this is an error I can fix on the NSA device or if I need Cisco to present original IP of the far network.

B---vpn--A--t1--C

Firstly an NSA device can be configured for this setup.
There is nothing strange in this.

If a device (PC) at "B" can ping a device (PC) at "C", then it appears not to be a routing issue.

I'd suspect more a permissions issue.

I would look at how the Cisco endpoint from "C" is connected to the NSA/LAN at "A"

If it is going through an NSA port or dropped directly on the LAN???

SR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back