Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NSA 240: How to enable mangement via secondary WAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PPettit

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2003
US
Can anyone tell me how to enable access to the web management GUI via a secondary WAN interface?

I've got the connection up and running (internal PC's can browse the Internet), but I can't figure out how to log into the unit from a remote location. Is there some kind of policy that I need set up on some other screen?

I'm new to the SonicWALL world so I'm still a bit confused by how they do things.

I figured out what my problem was. The router on the other end was misrouting traffic to the NSA 240's IP address.

The other router I’m using to get to the Internet is a Xincom dual-WAN router. It’s secondary interface has the same settings that I was using for the NSA 240. Even though I disabled that interface on the Xincom, it apparently retained some of the routing info. Every time I attempted to get to the NSA 240, it routed the traffic internally (to the disabled interface) instead of out to the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back