Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NS700C - Outdoor aerial extentions -Intermittant??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atechguyy

Technical User
Mar 19, 2003
CA
HI! I have site i took over,, the Outdoor wiring is been a problem ,, i have cleaned up some of the splices,,but when u think u got everything working they say it cuts out sometimes for an hour or more and sometimes less. Its a NS700C ,, the 3 ext.s 228 and 230 has a 2nd phone bridged.The a analog trunk also in the aerial cable. There is 4 analog cable trunks on PBX and about 11 Digital phones ,,, i think its the outdoor aerial cable ,, but i need to be sure ,, there are no spare pairs,, could it be the power supply ?? The ext ports ,,test voltage and amps of 228 and 230,,, the wierd thing is the analog fax trunk which is separate from the panasonic also went down.Seems like its the outdoor aerial . What tester is best for this,, testing the resistance ,,putting a load on the circuit.etc.

ANOTHER ADDED Question is that the original installer has the outdoor digital circuit going through a CO surge protector ,, is designed for analog trunks ,, so i am thinking that needs to be changed would that cause cutting out especially when their is a voicemail signal on top of the digital signal?? .

Durham/Kawartha ,Ont.

Solved .Thanks for nothing.

Durham/Kawartha ,Ont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back