Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NS700 must be rebooted when VoIP service bounces

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobHLiton

IS-IT--Management
Aug 18, 2021
US
Hello Friends,

I'm trying to understand how the VoIP/SIP(?) system is working on a NS700 and why when there is even a very brief interruption in service the NS700 must be restarted to place or receive outside calls.

A restart of the NS700 is required if, seemingly no matter how brief, the Ethernet cable becomes unplugged, or a loss of internet service, or a brief hiccup upstream from the VoIP provider.

I'd like to find a setting where a timeout value could be set, or a way for it to retry, for say, maybe a minute or more, so we do not need an admin to login and restart the NS700.

Also if there is a feature in Web Console for an admin to interactively retry that would be better than a restart(!).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

And if you are celebrating, Happy Thanksgiving! I am very grateful for the help I have received here.

Cheers,
-Bob

Hi Mike, Thanks for this. It looks like mine is set to 3600.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back