Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NS700, have multiple phones ring when one is called?

Justin RSU34

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2023
US
I have a call pickup group and an incoming call distribution list set up to include three front desk phones at our Elementary School, and everything looks correct, but I can't get all three of them to ring when one is called. What is the easiest/best way to have this work? Thank you.

If they ring one extension directly you could have it intercept to the ICD group if not answered within a time limit. 1 second is the shortest. Otherwise tell set an operator group for 0 and tell them to phone that or the icd group you setup

If they ring one extension directly you could have it intercept to the ICD group if not answered within a time limit. 1 second is the shortest. Otherwise tell set an operator group for 0 and tell them to phone that or the icd group you setup
Thank you. For the ICD group I set up, do people have to use the floating extension of the group rather than just call that specific extension directly? For example, if I want all incoming calls from 3601 to also ring on 3600 and 3602, can I set my NS700 to ring on all three just by creating the ICD? Or do I need people to dial the floating extension 6003 to reach the other three phones?

First of all create an ICD-group (e.g. 6003) with three of your front desk extensions (3600, 3601, 3602). Type of that ICD-group has to be set to "Ring".
Then you have three different ways.
1) dial floating extension number of the group (6003)
2) set 6003 as an operator extension and make an operator call (0 or 9 by default)
3) set 6003 as an intercept destination for extensions 3600, 3601, 3602 with 1 sec of intercept timer

First of all create an ICD-group (e.g. 6003) with three of your front desk extensions (3600, 3601, 3602). Type of that ICD-group has to be set to "Ring".
Then you have three different ways.
1) dial floating extension number of the group (6003)
2) set 6003 as an operator extension and make an operator call (0 or 9 by default)
3) set 6003 as an intercept destination for extensions 3600, 3601, 3602 with 1 sec of intercept timer
Great idea. Where do I set up an intercept destination per step 3? Would it be "No answer intercept time" for the 1 second delay? Thank you!

Last edited:
I think I got it working. Now they're asking me if it's possible to have the calls they miss (that are answered by another station) not show up as missed calls. I wouldn't think that's possible, but is there maybe a way to change that?

I haven't worked with VM but such a feature is claimed by Panasonic. See Feature Manual, paragraph 3.2.1.2. Auto Forwarding.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back