Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NS Group - Merlin Legend v7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2005
US
Hello,

I have a user who has somehow been assigned to a Night Service Group. I'm not sure if he was able to assign himself to this group or if another individual did. His number (x2150) is the NS Group #. I tried to remove the group but it would not let me. Then I tried to just remove his ext. from the group and that didn't work.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

You cannot be assigned an extension (2150) that is also a night group (2150). So, if this user truly is x2150 now, then the night group must have been renumbered to something else. Go to his phone and press Feature 00 to verify that his phone truly is x2150. If so, then you need to figure out what the night group has been re-assigned to. The easiest way would be through Winspm, do a print of night service.

If the extension is an Operator (print a System Setup report if unsure), then 2150 is automatically included as a member of that Night Service group. If this IS the case, then you cannot remove that extension from the NS group.

If the NS group and extension are both numbered 2150, then that extension is almost certainly defined as one of the DLC or QCC Operator positions.

Tim Alberstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back