Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NRX Avaya IP Office Passive SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2010
US
Symptom:
1. I am not receiving the BYE commands on the SPAN port to end the SIP call.
2. Wireshark shows the calls initiating but then don't end making it seem it's a long call.

Work Done:
I am using the most recent SIP firmware on the NRX. I have to enable supervision otherwise the call never stops recording on the affected channels. The SPAN port is coming from the Extreme Switch and the phones are connected to the first 10 ports on that POE switch.

Are there versions of SIP for Avaya that don't use BYE and other signalling? I was advised by the PBX vendor that they use RTCP to end the calls? Is that correct?

I am providing a copy of the capture file so that someone with a better understanding of SIP can dissect.

Juan Rivera
Senior Telecomm. Technician
Micro Strategies, Inc
www.microstrat.com

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=e89a486a-9e3e-49a0-a866-f1b0792c9b38&file=wirsharklog_10_23.pcapng
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back