Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NRU11 Windows 10 32-bit Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aroldan

Vendor
Jan 9, 2005
US
Hey guys, I've had NRU11 on my 32-bit Windows 7 machine without ANY problems, but which is dying now. Just wondering if NRU11 will work with 32-bit Windows 10. I know 64-bit is a no-go I believe, but think that 32-bit W10 should work fine. I'll need to know so that I can get the right computer to replace my old. If anyone can please offer any advice I really appreciate it

Works on Win 10 32 Bit works but run the shorcuts as an "Administrator"

You can also use Virtualbox and install Win7 on that and run it from Win 10.

Add me to LinkedIN

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Got it. Even if you install it as Administrator you still need to open it as Admin every time?

I agree with Curly as I've had to do the same thing on my Windows 10 32 bit laptop. I think you can create a shortcut onto your desktop and right click the properties to make it run as administrator.

Another thing, I've done is to install it in a different location other than C:\Program Files as this folder location tends to have more security restrictions from Windows 7 onward's and therefore I've created another drive "D" and loaded the program as e.g. "D:\Program Files\Norstar" etc.

I also had to go into regedit after it was installed to change a couple of entries as they defaulted to something like "C:\Program Files\Nortel Networks\NRU" etc. I just did a search for "Nortel" and found them.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer

Very advance high level knowledge on the Linux BCM phone system.

Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back