Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NRU 10.0 ?? Is this for real ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalMind

Programmer
Aug 31, 2004
CA
I have yet to use it... just got it ... but why is NRU 10.0 so easy to get when others are password protected or cost $$ ... is there anything wrong with this ? Does it work ? Is it the same as NRU 8.1 but newer ??

NRU 10 is completely different from NRU 8.0.

First off, NRU 8.0 will only work ( the back up and restore feature ) on software levels 3X8 to MICS 1.1XC (the older DR5
platform ).

NRU 10 is designed ( so they say ) to work and be used on 2.0 to 6.1. I tested at our office and found that it didn't work on restoring properly. Other technicians who used it also found out the same. The look and way that it functions is very different.

I myself use NRU9.1, with the map files for 6.0 & 6.1 (from the NRU 10 disc; in the NRU 10 'map' folder )added to it. It allows me to do all the remote utility functions on all ksu's from 2.0 up and including 6.1. I have done many backup and restores successfully with it set in that way.

You would be better off not using NRU 10, but NRU 9.1 with the added map files to allow 6.0 & 6.1 capabilities.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Steve
tele-dataservices.com

Oh I'm not .. this is telephone-dude Xmas !! A day I that will not be forgotten .. :)

I have a MICS8x24 and just downloaded Version 10 and it states it can't back-up/restore.

Question: Where can I get a copy of version 8 - the whole idea of getting the RAD was to do precisely that!

Version 8 was never given out free. You can check various online / local vendors. One of them will probably have a copy they will sell you.

8x24 don't do backups with NRU 10.
I found the only way to do a backup on those was Norstar Manager. Even then it was only sometimes. I also didn't see anyway to do a restore.

My advice would be budget for an upgrade to a new system as soon as you can afford it.

skippy440: Thanks for your advice;
bkrike: Not looking for free goodies - just advice on where to get them;
bkrike: This was an upgrade! Replacing an ancient 6x8. Used in a training facility teaching youth (in VietNam) office procedures. Usual thing - no money charity - services supplied gratis by myself.

///

Wompon: Why do you feel the need to answer me directly as if I had insulted you. You asked a question, and I answered. I don’t care if you are on some altruistic mission. I was just letting you know how to obtain it if you needed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back