Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NRS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chintoo69

MIS
Mar 1, 2009
PK
Hi I have following 03 sites connected through SIP

(1)SiteA, CS1KE Rls 5.0, Primary NRS
(2)SiteB, CS1KE Rls 5.0, Alternate NRS
(3)SiteC, BCM400 Rls 4.

Now i have another site having CS1KE rls 5 available to tie with above sites using SIP, My question is
(a) I wants to TIE this new cs1ke with SiteC/BCM400 using
SIP, i dont wants to define this in primary NRS for
some reason. Can i careate standalone NRS in this new
site and define BCM400 in this NRS?? Can i also route
calls to all site through this new standalone NRS if
some site gets down?

(c) 2nd question is that i am getting delay
connection/dialing between A/B/C sites, i mean after
dialing any ext between site i get few milisecond delay
to get that extension, i also tried # and FLEN setting
but no solution, what could be the cause of delay
connection?

Any help will be very helpful.
Thanks

Yes you can setup as standalone and move BCM to the new NRS. You will need to duplicate gateway endpoint and routing entries to the new NRS of course. Also - keep the same Domain Name and SIP_URL definitions.

Then if you want to also still communicate with site a and b you will need to add as cloabrative servers.

Delay could be for serveral reasons - you will need to look at DCH messages and or SIPCallTrace to determin what might be happening.

Thanks Reusser. Do i have to define site a and b both in collaborative server and do i have to define all endpoint(as in primary NRS) also in new standalone NRS??? What will be the advantage of creating a new standalone server and defining BCM as end point and defining site a and b as collaborative server?? Sorry i was asking this coz i have to made IT admin understanding these before doing all this.

Further for delay i checked patches/DCH messaging and nothing found, can you advice which other points do i check.

Thanks

Any more help in this regarding
Do i have to define site a and b both in collaborative server and do i have to define all endpoint(as in primary NRS) also in new standalone NRS??? What will be the advantage of creating a new standalone server and defining BCM as end point and defining site a and b as collaborative server?? Sorry i was asking this coz i have to made IT admin understanding these before doing all this.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back