Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NRS Configuration to Cisco

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonedudeSr

IS-IT--Management
Oct 5, 2011
US
Could anyone give me a highly overview or direct me to information on Routing calls on a Nortel CS1K to the Cisco CUCM 9.x?

If you have Session Manager, then there are integration notes on the Avaya Devconnect site.

Those that I have had to connect with Cisco have been with a PRI either DID or Qsig. Cisco is limited (it seems)to use NI2 or a Qsig tie connection between the Nortel and Cisco. Several post have been made on this subject. I would have to search though to find the Qsig set up again. Sorry I can't be more help, but maybe this will give you a start for the info you need.

If its not working, get a bigger hammer!

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti/UCx

phonedudeSr - if you are a Nortel shop, are you trying to SIP connect to someone else's Cisco CM? The Nortel NRS side is fairly simple - set up the Cisco as a SIP Endpoint and route calls to it. It will be a static IP addressed endpoint, you will need the Publisher IP address, and will most likely use TCP. You will use the same SIP port as usual 5060. everything else is the same as any other endpoint. The Cisco side will need your NODE IP and will need to do the configurations on their side which include building a SIP profile, a SIP trunk, configure the domain name used on your NRS, etc. If you connect to a Cisco gateway, e.g. 2921, the process is the same but you would use the gateway IP address.

Andy Ramirez
NNCSS BCM 3.0

What thaaa????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back