Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NRS and 1000T questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rheine

Vendor
Apr 13, 2009
US
I was looking through the posts and found a similar question in 2006. I also have (2) 1000T's. We have a CS1000E with an older release of 4.5.88. The one Core or CPU 0 and 1 are within about 6 miles of one another. There is a primary and alternate NRS each located on each Core.

Here is my question. Is see that within the 1000T's of the NRS there are digits defined. The one 1000T shows digit 2 with a route cost of 1. The other 1000T shows the digit 2 with a route cost of 2. I also see on the one 1000T the digit 3 has a route cost of 4. The other 1000T digit 3 is a route cost of 1. I was told that these can be setup to send certain NXX's out a specific 1000T location. Is that what this route cost stands for? Here is my other question. What happens if lets say the NXX 244 is setup to go out the 1000T at location A and all of the channels are busy? Is the NRS smart enough or can this NXX be setup to go out the other 1000T or location B?

I am also trying to determine if there is a way to identify which NXX goes out which 1000T?

Thank you

I assume you have two signaling servers on the 1000E and two sig servers on the 1000T. A call presented to NRS will always be sent to the device that has the lowest route cost if there are multiple registered endpoints that have the same destination digits. For example, digit 2, type NPA, with a route cost of 1 could point to 1000T sig server 1. Digit 2, type NPA, with a route cost of 5 could point to 1000T sig server 2. If the 1000T sig server 1 fails, NRS will route the call to 1000T sig server 2.

I suppose you could have multiple 1000T systems on a single legacy 1000E, but that would probably only occur if you were trying to span multiple LATAs or NPAs. If you only have a single 1000T system, which is the only way I've seen the old 1000E's configured, then all your PSTN trunks are in the same system. We'd need more info to get more specific.

I really appreciate the follow-up. You are correct we have (2) signaling servers off the 1000E with the multiple Cores. We also have a primary NRS server and alternate. I will analyze the information that you sent me.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back