Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NPAs/NXXs

Status
Not open for further replies.

coniglio

Technical User
Jun 17, 2003
US
i have an office in Boston. Their area code is 617. To dial within 617 they dial 9 then 617 (they can use a 1 if they want but it's not required). There is one phone number they get a fast busy on when they dial it: 617-665-3600. I asked them to try dialing 617-665-1234 and they got ringing on the far end. They have SPN 161 programmed. They have ALL their area codes programmed that way (121, 122, 123, 124, etc.) all go over same RLI, no DMI, nothing. do i need to call Verizon? they have an AT&T circuit for local/long distance but this would be Verizon's issue, right? They have no NXXs anymore as they're obsolete. thanks for your help.

USE YOUR MAINT. SET OR THE TRUNK ACOD TO DIRECTLY ACCESS
ONE OF THE TRUNKS AND SEE IF YOU CAN DIAL THE NUMBER.

i am not at that location. i'm in NY and this is for my Boston office. does it matter?

JUST HAVE SOMEONE AT THE LOCATION DIAL THE ACCESS CODE AND
NUMBER. YOU MAY HAVE TO REMOVE THE TGAR ON THE PHONE.

so should i make the TGAR on the phone 0? and i read somewhere that if you're using BARS then TGAR/TARG is not in effect....and I'm going to give them the access code for the outbound T1 AND the copper?

then what? what am i accomplishing by doing this? and can i have the person conference me into the ACOD so i can hear myself?

YOUR BYPASSING THE SWITCH. IF YOU CANT MAKE THE CALL THIS
WAY ITS YOUR CARRIERS PROBLEM

can i have them conference me into the ACOD so I can do this myself?

YOU CAN MODEM IN TO YOUR SWITCH LD 36 AND USE THE CALL COMMAND TO YOUR NUMBER, THEN USE THE TRK COMMANDS FROM YOUR
TERMINAL JUST LIKE USING THE MAINT. SET.

i don't understand that at all. in LD 36 at the . i am going to do what? "my number" meaning the # i can't dial?

I changed the user's phone to TGAR 0. CLS is still set to CTD. ACOD code for BARS is 8000. gave her instructions to dial 8000 then area code 617. she got fast busy after she entered the 6. asked her to try it with a 1 in front of 617. got a fast busy after the 1. i am at a loss as to what to do next. phonedude's suggestion sounds good, except i have no idea exactly what command I'm entering where and NTP is not helping. thanks

Hi, what phonedude probably means is prt tn of trunk to test than in ld 36, 'call l s c u', lscu being your trk's tn. At DN? prompt enter your number (no 9 cause you bypass BARS.

LD 36 ENTER CALL L S C U THIS WILL SEIZE A TRUNK AT THE DN?
PROPMPT ENTER YOUR PHONE NUMBER. THE SYSTEM WILL DIAL YOU BACK AND YOU WILL RECEIVE TONE AT THIS POINT FROM YOUR TERMINAL ENTER TRK L S C U FOR TRUNK YOU WANT TO SEIZE AND
DIAL YOUR CALL. DONT USE 9 ACCESS.

this is what i got when i seized a two-way copper trunk (couldn't figure out at all how to do it with a T1 TN even though that's what their calls go out over) and dialed 617-665-3600:
>ld 36
TRK000
.call 2 0 0 6
DN?
DN?
DN?
TRK008

TRK002

YOU HAVE TO SEIZE A COPPER TRUNK TO START- ENTER CALL L S C U AT DN ENTER YOUR TELEPONE NUMBER AT YOUR DESK THE SYSTEM WILL CALL YOU AT YOUR DESK AND YOU WILL RECIEVE TONE THEN ENTER FROM YOUR TERMINAL TRK L S C U OR TRK L# MBR#. ON A COPPER TRUNK YOU WILL GET DIAL TONE ON DTI YOU MAY OR MAY
NOT. THEN DIAL THE NUMBER YOU WANT TO TEST FROM THE TERMINAL

what?? i sort of got you but lost you at "your terminal". I am going to be dialed into my Boston office the whole time, right? or do i have to be in Boston PLUS my own office (in New York)?

now I have a new problem....i have eight CO (IAO) trunks. however, when i try to call out on them i get TRK8 (no CO defined in the system). now what? does this mean i have these eight backup copper TNs but no actual trunks? now i have a whole new headache!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back