Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NP3.2 - Storage Center Steaming Service never starts after reboot - Why -

Status
Not open for further replies.

baldyca

Technical User
Oct 6, 2008
US
I reboot Monthly with MS Hotfix applcations and system testing. When this server is restarted, the streaming service never starts automatically. It is configured to start - it is configured to retry - but the service is always stopped after I log in following a reboot.

If it is set to automatic and it starts with no issue when you start it manually it's likely it is trying to start when a dependancy service is not yet available. Check the logs for the service to see if it is trying to start when the server is restarted. Check with NICE if there is an update pack available or if this is a known issue and if there is a standard fix to delay the start up of the service (this might be simply clicking on the service and setting it to Automatic (Delayed Start) rather than Automatic. Check with NICE though if it's a known issue and if there is a fix.

Some days I do my job, other days it feels like I'm doing everyone elses job, other days I should have stayed at home and mowed the lawns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back