Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Now i have this problem drop down menus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnut00

Technical User
Jan 24, 2002
US
I have a drop down menu (combobox) on a form that i am trying to query 2 tables with.

I have a table called 3year with EVERYBIT of customer info you could imagine..
And I have a table called COMP DESIGNERS with only 3 people in it

Comp Designers has 2 fields DESIGNER ID(primaryKey) DESIGNER
3year has a field called Job Jacket ID

I need to open a form...and have the drop down menu(combobox) assign a different name to EACH job jacket ID for each different record in 3 year

confused yet??

confused yet??

Completely. Irrevocably. Undeniably.

Are you saying you want to match Designers with 3year records (btw, probably an unwise name for a table..preceeding digit and all..if it's not too late, I'd strongly suggest "ThreeYr" instead.

Anyway - you want to match Designer records with ThreeYr records? based on What? Is the DESIGNER ID value in DESIGNERS a value that appears in any of the fields in the records in ThreeYR? If so, you use it in a join to show the DESIGNERS associated with particular ThreeYr records...

Ex-JimAtTheFAA
78.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
Another free Access forum:
More Neat Access stuff at

yes I want to match DESIGNERS with 3YEAR records on the same form...

keep in mind...My forms are opened after a job number has been searched for. ONLY then.

Thanks for the tip...I will now have to go back and edit my coding and make the changes. =-]

So you're saying that the DesignerID field in the ThreeYr record is going to point to one of your three COMP DESIGNER records?

You can do that in a query very easily.

Ex-JimAtTheFAA
78.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
Another free Access forum:
More Neat Access stuff at

i found my "bug"

thanks for the help...I was trying to do it with a query....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back