Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Novice needs help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgrobels

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2007
US
i gave 3 people new dn`s and they cannot be called from another building....

call re direct?

we have two main numbers

im new to this...i can do most MACS but this has me stumped

basically if the one building gets a call looking for 3404 the operator tries to transfer them to my building and gets a busy signal

neeed help....

Ok, we can help work through this, you have two switches, what kinds? How are they connected? What happens if you try dialing from Site A to Site B directly? Is it different than calling from Site A to Site A operator to be transferred to Site B?

If yo have 2 switches, which it sounds lie you do, it's more than likely needing those new numbers put in CDP to get the calls to go through.

ok its been awhile since i dealt with these few people

i believe they were set up in an ACD..one main number and it rings on 4 phones

4380 is the main call number for them

before that was setup they all had seperate dn`s...i just tried calling one of the dn`s from my phon in the same buyilding and got a busy tone

what is going on is that the operator across the street will get calls for one of the girls here and wants to transfer the call directly to her and at the moment can only transfer them to the 4380 number..its closing time for me but i will look tomorrow to see if anyone has ideas...THANKS A MILLION IVE NEVER POSTED HERE BEFORE, i learned how to do MACs by watching the verizon guys for a couple years and learned enough to get by, id like to learn more

I that system, where the operator is located, print a dnb for an extension in your system. You may see something like:

>ld 20

PT0000
REQ: prt
TYPE: dnb
CUST 0
DN 3316
DATE
PAGE
DES

DN 3316
TYPE CDP
STCD DSC

This tells you it is part of your Coordinated Dial Plan (CDP - get it)

So still in the other system, go to ld 87 and print the CDP information out for the same extension. You should have something similar to this:

>ld 87
ESN000

MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 2743736 USED U P: 313952 55271 TOT: 3112959
DISK RECS AVAIL: 1278

REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT cdp
TYPE dsc
DSC 3316
DSC 3316
FLEN 4
DSP LSC
RLI 1
NPA
NXX

Some of the prompts will be different based on your software level, but what you are looking for is the FLEN (could be 0) and the RLI (the route list for the call).

Still in the same system, program a new CDP entry so calls will redirect over to your system. It will look something like this:

MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 2743738 USED U P: 313952 55269 TOT: 3112959
REQ new <-- YOU TYPE THIS
CUST 0 <-- YOU TYPE THIS
FEAT cdp <-- YOU TYPE THIS
TYPE dsc <-- YOU TYPE THIS
DSC 3316 <-- YOU TYPE THIS - of course it is your extension
FLEN 4 <-- YOU TYPE THIS BASED ON WHAT YOUR PRINT OUT
DSP <-- JUST ENTER THROUGH THIS IF YOU ARE PROMPTED
RLI 1 <-- YOU TYPE THIS BASED ON WHAT YOUR PRINT OUT
NPA <-- JUST ENTER THROUGH THIS IF YOU ARE PROMPTED
NXX <-- JUST ENTER THROUGH THIS IF YOU ARE PROMPTED
DSC <-- HERE YOU WOULD START THE NEXT ENTRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE, IF NOT JUST ENTER THROUGH THIS.

MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 2743736 USED U P: 313952 55271 TOT: 3112959
REQ

Now just have the operator test the call again. It should route from their system to your system using the same RLI information for a number that works.

Hope this helps.

John

If these are ACD phones, make sure they are not in Make Set Busy (MSB). Make sure to toggle that off on the phone by pressing the button again if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back