Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Novell volume intermittently reporting 0 bytes free

Status
Not open for further replies.

smsuser

Technical User
Nov 12, 2001
US
Netware 5.1
Windows 95 and Windows 98 SR2
3.1 Novell client

Hi, I thought this problem was related to user licenses, but the server has had a 50 user license added. At different times during the day, the Workstations cannot write to a Novell volume. When you look at the properties of the drive, Explorer reports that it is only a 2GB drive, with 0 bytes free. If you then choose the properties of a folder on the drive, then check the properties of the volume, the total used and free space are reported correctly, 26GB, 28GB respectively. The Workstations are still using FAT16, so I thought that I was seeing the 2GB limit issue. If this was the problem, then I should never be able to see over 2GB, right? Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Dave Hopkins

I left out that the server is running SP6a.

Dave Hopkins

I think this may be a fault with the Novell Client. Try updating one 95/98 PC to Client 3.31 and see how you go -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back