Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Novell server not accessable

Status
Not open for further replies.

djl7780

IS-IT--Management
Feb 27, 2003
US
I have a Netware 5 server, On my win 2000 workstation I have compaq insight manager istalled. when I open the manager I see my novell server but it is inaccessable. I am new to the insight manager. where should I start troubleshooting? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Dustin Landry
dlandry@mmrgrp.com
IT Manager CCNA, MCP

Hi,

Verify the following items:

1. That you have the latest Compaq agents running on the server.
2. Can you ping the server from the PC? Is the gateway on the server properly configured.
3. Is SNMP loading with the same public string as is configured on the object in Insight Manager. I recommend that you change if from the default of "public" to something else.

This will give you a start.

Lou

Check the SNMP Community String settings in INETCFG under Manage Configuration. The read/write strings should match exactly (case sensitive) what you are setting on Insight Manager.

Also check the CPQSNMP.NCF file and amend the SNMP strings in there as well. -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back