Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Novell Remote Manager no longer accessable

Status
Not open for further replies.

crisc

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2001
US
Some time ago, I discovered that the web interface for Novell Remote Mgr wasn't accessible anymore. It IS running and accessible from the server itself, but not from a web browser.

The address I'm using is correct ( but it just gives a "cannot display the webpage" error.

Any ideas?

Yeah, very likely that your certificates expired (default is 2 years)...

Review the conlog very carefully or the boot loader screen to see if you can spot where an error is happening. There will normally be a red flag there somewhere to point you in the right direction.

Thanks for replies!

The non-secure link from Lawnboy's post works.

marvhuffaker, are you referring to the cert installed on the PCs that attempt to access the page? Using IE7 and Firefox, I've tried resetting SSL settings, adding it to trusted zones, etc.

goombawaho, conlog looks clean.

You'll need to generate a new certificate on the server, if the old one has expired. The new cert will get pushed to the clients on access.

No I'm referring to the server certificate that is an edirectory object in your tree.

If you go to ConsoleOne, find the SSL Cert that is named something like "SSLCertificate-MYSERVERNAME"... Open it, then look at the various properties, you will surely find that the cert is expired. I can't remember the specific tab, but it's not the first one you see, you have to click the drop down and choose the other one.

Once you have identified this as the problem, you can run a utility called PKIDIAG at the console, and it will replace the expired certs with new ones. However, they will get a 2 year expiration date.. Another option is to just delete the certs out of consoleOne and create new ones with longer expiration dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back