Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Novell Mapping to different Server in NDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estevezz

IS-IT--Management
Apr 19, 2002
CA
Hi all,

I have a problem with XP. I have some users that need to connect (map) network drive from different servers with a different username and password than the one they use on the local server. With Windows98 it was easy, you just map the network drive to a letter in explorer and set the option to restore the connection when the computer reboots, then it would ask you for the username and password in the Novell loginbox (TREE, Domain and Server all setup in NDS) at startup.

But the probleme is with XP, even if you put the option to restore it doesn't map the drive. It only tells you that it is impossible to reconnect some network drive.

If you want it, you have to manually restore your connection.

Anybody got a solution to that ?? Help :))

- Steve

Hi

Assuming the servers are on different trees and you cant use bindery context then Novell have a tree.exe (or similar) that allows you to map to different trees from a Novell login script or call a batch file with the mappings in from the Windows Startup Group.

Damon

Thanks Damon !

The "Tree" command placed in my user's Login Script worked as a charm !!

I did some research about it and there's also the command "Attach" that would have do the same.

Here's the link to Novell Knowledgebase for the "Tree" and "Attach" command

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back