Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NOVELL MAP NETWORK DRIVES NOT IAPPEARS IN PATH

Status
Not open for further replies.

GONDI

Programmer
Nov 29, 2002
PE
I HAVE PCS ATACHED TO SERVER NOVELL 4.11, ANY WITH WINDOWS 2000, ANOTHER 98 AND I RUN APPS DEVELOPED IN FOXPRO DOS 2.6 USING WINDOWS SHORTCUTS, MY NOVELL SERVER 4.11 Y ONLY FILE SERVER TO THIS APPS.

I HAD USED THE NWADMN3X TO CREATE MIS USERS, BUT WHEN I USE THE NETWARE SERVICE UTILITY TO DEFINE MY MAP NETWORK DRIVES I CAN BUILD THE MAPING DRIVES BUT NOT APPEARS IN MY SYSTEM PATH, SO WHEN I RUN AN APLICATION FROM ANY ANOTHER DRIVE MAP THAT IS NOT EXECUTED, THIS DRIVES MAP APPEARS ONLY THE FIRST TIME I HAD DEFINED, BUT IF I RESTART MY PC AND LOGIN AGAIN, MY MAP NETWORK DRIVES I HAD DEFINED, APPEARS BUT NOT IN PATH!!!

WHAT CAN I DO ?

THANKS,GOD BLESS YOU

GONDI

Hi, Gondi

It sounds like your drives are not being mapped as search drives, but only as drives.

I don't know the utility you mentioned, I normally do that using MAP INS S16:=VOL1:\APPS or whatever in the login scripts.

For systems using Windows which won't map a search drive, i just add a line to the startup batch file for the app to add the drive to the search path. For example, if the drive is X:, and it currently points to the correct folder, I
add a line to the batch file like:

path=%path%;X:.

which will make the current folder on X: part of the path.

Best regards
Jock

thanks Jock, your obs was a great help for me.

I want to make a question about printing jobs to queues in novell network 4.11 with apps developed in foxpro DOS 2.6..

I have a problem :

I KNOW IN NOVELL 4.11 I HAVE TO USE THE COMMAND CAPTURE TO ATACHED PRINT QUEUE TO ANY PRINTER INSTALLED.

I HAD USED :

CAPTURE Q=QUEUE /NB /NFF L=1 OR L=2 OR L=3

BUT I HAVE NOT GOODS RESULTS BECAUSE WHEN I RUN MY APLICATION, SENDING PRINT JOBS WITH MY APLICATION IN A PROCEDURE IN FOXPRO:

................................................???????

SET PRINTER TO LPT1 OR LPT2

SET PRINTER TO \Q=QUEUE \N \F

SET DEVICE TO PRINT

................................................???????

THE SYNTAXIS IS OK? HOW IS? ANY OBS?, BECAUSE I SEND A PRINT JOB BUT SOMETIMES, IS NOT SENDED OR STAY IN ADDING IN THE PCONSOLE SCREEN. ANY PROBLEM WITH SYNTAXIS OR PARAMETERS IN COMMAND CAPTURE (NOVELL) ?

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

Hi, Gondi.

Yes, I usually use the capture statement also. I use:

capture /l=1 /q=queuename /nb /nff /nt /ti=10

The /ti=10 means novell will consider the print job finished after 10 secs with no further output.
The /nt means no tabs - don't convert tabs to spaces. I use that because sending graphics output to the printer may include tabs which will get messed up if converted to spaces and spoil the image.

I think the /ti parameter is what you need to have Novell close off the print job. Also in your program when finished printing you should use SET PRINTER TO in order to close the printer.

I don't think the SET PRINTER TO /Q syntax will work (never tried it). However I do know you can use:

set printer to \\servername\queuename

which works for Novell based printers but NOT for Windows based, so not really recommended because it makes your prog environment dependent.

Best regards
Jock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back