Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Novell Licensing Issue. Expert Needed...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechDepartment

IS-IT--Management
Dec 17, 2007
US
I am trying to install a Novell 100 User License for 5.1 I currently have 130 licenses installed and just purchased another 100 because I am out. Anyways when I go to install the 100 license I get the following error pop up....

The following license certificates were not installed:

100 UNIT NetWare 5 Conn SCL LICENSE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Explanation: The number of units in the license certificate, when added to the number of units already installed, would have exceeded the maximum number of units allowed.

Possible Cause: The number of license units in the license certificate caused the attempted installation to fail.

Suggested Action: Check the number of license units already installed in the network. (Use the License Usage Reporting feature.) Install a license certificate that brings the total license units available to within theExplanation: The number of units in the license certificate, when added to the number of units

Any ideas/thoughts/solutions would be GREATLY appreciated..

There's something in the existing policy that isn't letting you add licenses. This is typical with Small Business Suite which was capped at 100 users.

You need to look in NWADMN32.EXE and identify the actual number of licenses installed, and also the policy that is in place. You can do both by looking at the properties of the license certificate object.

Marvin

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back