Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Novell Groupwise Email draft popup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsams

Programmer
Aug 22, 2000
US
Listed below is a short program to create an email with and attachment in a Novell Groupwise 6.5 environment.

It creates and sends the email OK, but I need it to popup the email draft to allow the user to review before sending. What am I missing, or need to change?

oGroupWise = CREATEOBJECT("NovellGroupwareSession")
oAccount = oGroupWise.Login
oWorkfolder = oAccount.WorkFolder
oMessages = oWorkfolder.MESSAGES
oMessage = oMessages.ADD("GW.MESSAGE.MAIL")
oMessage.FromText = ALLTRIM("from@some_dom.com")
oMessage.Subject = ALLTRIM(" My subject line text. ")
oMessage.BodyText = ALLTRIM(" My email body text. ")
oMessage.Attachments.Add("testdoc.pdf")
recip = oMessage.Recipients.Add(“to@some_dom.com”)
recip.RESOLVE
oMessage.SEND
RELEASE oGroupWise

Thanks,
John

I am not sure if I am missing something obvious here. I would think you would present a form with the information the user wants in the BodyText and then a button or something in the interface to call the logic you have in this thread to send the email.

Why try to popup Novell Groupwise? Is there some functionality it provides which are in the requirements for the project?

_RAS
Shedding Some Light (blog)
VFP MVP

It makes sense to me. If the user is doing email normally with Groupwise, why not present him with his usual interface? It's just like clicking a mailto link.

Tamar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back