Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Novell Drive Maps in Login Scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dilbert10000

Technical User
Oct 4, 2001
US
HELP!!! I need to know if there is a way to clear all drive mappings from a user login script, my teacher told me it is a one line command, if anyone knows I will kiss your feet

THankx

Eh? Can't you just go into the users login script and remove them? Or are you talking about performing this on multiple users?

My teacher told me that this is the senario, there is a user and he keeps making his own drive mappings, but I only want him to use the drive mappings that I assign, so I need to delete all previous drive mappings

This seems like a windows policy issue. Setup a policy that restricts the user from mapping his own drives.

I CANT, it needs to be a login script command, please can someone tell me what it is

The only thing I can think of is to (NT only) use:

NET USE <drive letter> /DELETE

and repeat this for all drive letters before your system login script maps any drives? It's a fudge, but why would you want to stop users poncing around? If you were serious, you'd take nolapeck's advise and create a policy that restricts this sort of thing.

Maybe, if it´s a Windows-Workstation, you may try the command &quot;net use * /del&quot; (without the quotes). This should clear all the mappings inclusive printer mappings.
If it´s not a Windows-PC (or for other reasons you can´t use that command), the &quot;map&quot; command has the DEL switch.
The downside in using this is, that you have to know the drive-letter of the mapping, that you want to break up. If there are more mappings, you have to do this for EVERY task.
No wildcards accepted, doh!

Hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back