Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Novell Client 4.90 SP1a

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdavis37

MIS
Jul 9, 2002
US
Any know issues with Netware 5.0? I running Windows XP on the desktop.

i personally dont like 4.9 client on xp. but i think this is more my hatred of xp

It works fine, but in my opinion, 4.83sp3 is much more solid. It seems like the good ol' boys at Novell tried to put too much stuff in the 4.9 client and it threw some people for a loop. Like changing the default protocols, default options to install, etc. I would test it before deploying it in mass to make sure you understand it fully..

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

I'm 2 days from sending it out to my network...

...its been fine for us.. 2k, xp

Good luck, just ensure you have a fail-safe regression plan.

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

We are currently using 4.83 sp2e and are having ultra slow network discovery and an odd quirk where some computers wont allow the server name to be typed in for the server.. they need the IP address of the server..

4.90 sp1 fixes both of these.. I'm not sure if sp3 addresses those issues or not

we have been testing 4.90 for a month now I guess and havent really seen any issues.. we installed it on the IT computers so we could take advantage of the newest version of console one *shrug*... plus we arent that big of a place.. about 200 computers.. I'm not going to anticipate any problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back