Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Novell and ArcServe Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyserSoze1877

Programmer
Sep 6, 2001
US
I have NetWare 6.5 and Arcserve 9. Last week we had a problem with our main server and rebooted it a few times and got it back up and running. Since then the arcserve backups are not completing and throwing Incomplete status. We REM'ed out a bunch of stuff to get the server up and running, turned out Symantec caused an issue. In the ArcServe logs we get this error now since the day of the problems

-------------
E1086 Failed to scan file .CN=Windows Native File Access.CN=Authorized Login Access.CN=Authroized Login Methods.CN=Security.T=Our_Tree_name. (size:0), 2

E0014 Backup Operation Incomplete
-------------

We can see that path in the tree, everything looks ok. I am fairly still new to Novell, an old AD guy here, I am thinking some permissions were turned off or changed in my predecessors attempt to get it up and running. Any assistance is always appreciated, I know the solution is something stupid.

Thanks.

---------------
Keyser Soze
"Vote Pedro.

Hi,

it seams that you have a trustee problem for the eDir backup.

Happens that only on this server ?
Do you backup the NDS on more then one ?

Andreas

Cheers Novelli
Novell Master CNE + CDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back