Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

novell 3.12 on s845wd1-e with RAID 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

citinet

Technical User
Nov 17, 2003
IN
i want to install novell 3.12 on a new intel sever board s845wd1-e(for p4 processor) using RAID level 1 for data protection with two 80GB ide harddisk.can someone tell me if this combination will work,because i doubt whether s845wd1-e supports novell 3.12 has anyone done this before.
if yes i would like to know how can i transfer all the data & user accounts from my old 8 gb hdd to this new 80gb hdd
i want to use the onboard facility of RAID 1 support provided by the s845wd1-e server board on novell 3.12 operating system is that possible has anyone done this before ??? will this combination work
& how should i go about this entire thing about migrating from old 3.12 server to new novell 3.12 server using s845wd1-e with RAID 1 for data protection.

please contact me at citinetsolutions@ vsnl.net

thanks

I think you posted this same question already, but the answer is this.. if the RAID card has NetWare 4.11 Ham drivers, you can generally make them work on NetWare 3.12 by adding some patches. It's a complex process, and I can certainly point you in the right direction, but unless you know NetWare inside and out it might take you a while to pull off.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back