Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NovaNET 8.5 w/ HP SureStore 40x6 Autoloader

Status
Not open for further replies.

7flip7

MIS
Aug 21, 2002
US
I have:

Windows NT 4.0 Server w/ SP6a
HP C5713a SureStore Autoloader 40x6 DDS-4 drive
NovaNET 8.5 SP3a w/ Tape Device list update

When I first installed the hardware / software, everything worked fine for a day. The next day, the Device is fine in NovaNET, but the Loader has a yellow exclamation point over it. When I try to issue any command to the device or the loader, I get the error: 79 Device not ready.

I've gone through a new SCSI card, a new cable, and a new autoloader. None of this resolved my issue. On a fresh hardware/software install, I can get the loader to work for one backup and then it crashes out and can't be accessed afterwards. NovaNET support is stumpted and I am too.

I've even tried moving all of the hardware (drive, cable, card) to a different machine w/ Windows 2000. Same thing there, worked for ONE backup then crashed out.

Has anyone else had a similar problem w/ this software when using an autoloader? I have this application installed on several of my field servers that have single tape drives and there has never been an issue with any of the others.

Thanks in advance,

.oO( FLiP )Oo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back