Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nott Enough Temporary memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

skaurd

Technical User
Jun 4, 2002
GB
Hi

I have a complex report, which includes many sub reports. Each sub report consists of queries which are calculating formulae.

When this report is run for 95 records, Access 97 brings back an error message, along the lines of @not enough temporary memory.."

When the same report is run for just one record, it is fine.

Hence I know the queries and the report do work, but Access cannot cope with so many records.

Can anyone advice a way to enable this to work?

When I first created the report, it did work for all the records. But since then some persons have made an addition and some changes and since then it does not work.

Please help. It is driving me crazy that a report that once worked has now stopped functioning as it once did. And it is the most useful report I have created for my users.

Thank you kindly in advance for your advice.

S

I would check to see what the person (Other then yourself) did to the report... maybe he put some code behind it using record sets or other large objects that don't get closed... just a thought...

--James
junior1544@jmjpc.net
Life is change. To deny change is to deny life.

This may be barking up the wrong tree, but try the following:

(a) From Windows explorer, go to the folder called Temp under your Windows or WinNT folder.
(b) Click once to select the folder, Click Edit, Select All, then press the Delete key.
(c) Do the same for the Temp folder directly on your C drive.

See if this helps; its a "long shot", so let me know,

Good luck,
Steve Lewy
Solutions Developer
steve@lewycomputing.com.au
(dont cut corners or you'll go round in circles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back