Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Notification routing java script

Status
Not open for further replies.

chakrabala

Programmer
Dec 4, 2003
DE
Hi seebeyonders,
I wan't to implement a monitoring framework for seebeyond components WITHOUT using alert agent. In the process, I am trying to explore whether notification routing script can be configured to send notifications to an IQ (a JMS IQ) or if I have to developp an user agent, how can I configure and receive notifications in my agent? Any pointers?
Your response will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
chakravarthi

Hi Chakrabala,
I am veryi nterested in this issue myself, it seems that you can use a monk function called iq-put to send en event to a queue, that function is normally available in any monk CRS, but not within the CB scope of execution.

I tried to load it manually, but since the doc doesn't say where it is (what dll contains it) I had little success...
What seems to be possible is transforming the notifications.tsc script into a Java CRS and execute it in a Java environment, haven't tried yet, but someone got it done by Seebeyond (see other Java notificatios thread), then I must guess is somehow possible.

Good luck.
Technocat

Hi guys,
I now tried to use the Java collaboration to run the notifications script, but it seems the CB still tries to laod it with the monk runtime, so I guess who got the notification script turned into a java collaboration (see other thread in this forum...) had it done by SB by modifying the code...

I wish version 4.5 was a bit more malleable...

happy coding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back