Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Notification Class of .NET SDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWinter1

Programmer
Feb 2, 2004
US
I'm running CE10. I'm scheduling reports using the .NET SDK. In my scheduling code, I'm trying to set an email notification for when a report either succeeds or fails. I'm having a problem getting it to work. I'm trying to use the Notifications class.

Here is the snippet of code I'm using: RptInfoObject.SchedulingInfo.Notifications.DestinationsOnSuccess.Add("myemail@mycompany.com");

This line of code compiles and executes, but it does not work. Does anyone have some sample code on how to do this? Is there something I'm doing wrong? I know I can set the notification email address through the CMC, but I want to set it dynamically at the time a report is scheduled. Thinking about this more, does setting this apply just to this scheduled job, or to all jobs related to that report object in CE?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I'm trying to do something similar myself. I'm using this sample as a base:

I think that you need to use "SMPT" as the destination, rather than "myemail@mycompany.com", and then use the SetFromPlugin method (see "Setting scheduling options for SMTP" in SDK help).

Hopefully this is not a case of the blind leading the blind.

Kingfisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back