Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Notice realloccg /: File System Full ??????? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelo23

Technical User
Jan 19, 2004
US
Hello,

We have a SparcServer20 running Sun Solaris 5.6 on it... Attached to it is a SparcStorage Array which is farily old and has 30 4.2GB drives in it... My problem is that I was trying to rebuild the SparcStorage Array because I lost like 5 hard drives in it... After replacing the Hard Drives and recreating the RAID5 Volumes via Veritas Volume Manager 2.4 I started seeing some odd messages afer I got like half way done doing my ufsrestores of the file systems on the array... Everything was going great until restoring the 2nd to the last file sytem on the array and my ufsrestore canceled out on me and gave me a "No space left on Device message in the Console"... I tried to reboot and notice the following....
This is what is displayed when rebooting....

Configuring the /device directory
SUN,SparcStation-20 Notice Realloccg /: File System Full
drvconfig:/etc/path_to_inst.82: No Space Left on Device
drvconfig: Failed to Update /etc/path_to_inst
The server does boot up but not sure what to do in regard to these messages.... It has something to do with the Storegde Array... WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM.... ANY COMMENTS WOULD BE APPRICIATED!!! THANKS - Angelo

It looks like your root filesystem is full; have you run a df -k to check what filesystem is full; looks like root. Do you boot from your array or internal drive on the sparc20? Is the boot drive encapsulated?.

Thanks
CA

Hey CA,

Thanks for the input.... I had already corrected my problem last week.... But you were right - root was at 100%... I feel like a dumbass because this was an easy one... I had really overlooked it.... When I did a df -k the root file system was at the top of the terminal session and I didn't even notice it.... I think it was one of those days when my eyes were tired from looking at the screen to long... Thanks again for trying to help me out...

Angelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back