Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nothing on hyperterminal during the boot process

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsahafi

IS-IT--Management
May 15, 2003
CA
I have a problem with 5350.
It seems this 5350 is misconfigured and when I try to connect by Console cable and Hyper terminal to it, it goesn't show anything on the screen. So I can not even go to ROMMON .

Any solution that I can Reset the Cisco in Factory default mode with above situation ?

The console cable is tested and it is okay. I tried t connect to it at 9600/8n1 / none.

I would be appreciated if anyone can help me .

Verify you have your Hyperterminal session configured on right COM port - my students often forget that physically their console cable is attached to COM0, but hyperterminal is set up on COM1.

If this is OK, then maybe your only way is to try various hyperterminal settings to match the console settings on the router. If you are successful, change the config register from whatever it is to 0x2102 (default setting for most Cisco routers)

Peter Mesjar
CCNA, A+ certified
pmesjar@centrum.sk

Don't forget as well, that with hyperterminal (COM1) you sometimes need to press the enter key 2 times in quick succession to see anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back