Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nothing in the Component Palette

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljh

Programmer
May 9, 2001
US

I am new user of Borland C++ Builder. After I installed the Borland C++ Builder 5 Professional, I found that the appearance of the Component Palette is quite different with that in the manual. In the manual there are several Tabs, in my BCB there is only one which is called "Standard". Furthermore, there is only one component in the Standard group: Frames.

Can anybody tell me what can I do so I can correctly configure the Component Palette? Thanks!!

Greetinx!

First, you must verify installed libraries in the Builder.
If you press @Component->Install Packages...@ menu, all installed packages will be shown in this dialog. About 15 packages mush be exist after Builder installation. You may add a new package to this palette by pressing the @Add@ button.
Next, you must configure palette. Configuring may be made in dialog, which is shown by calling @Component->Comnfigure Palette...@ menu. In this dialog, set of palette is shown in left panel and components of selected palette is shown in right panel. You should verify both palettes and its components instalation, if no you should try to restore it.

Best redards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back