Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Notes Replication

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolboy89

MIS
Mar 14, 2001
GB
Hi,
Im looking for some help.
I want to be able to replicate a notes database from serverA to ServerB so if serverA goes down serverB will takeover the database. I have no shared storage so I guess clustering is out of the solution. Is there a guide which explains how this task should be done.
thanks

Have you looked at Notes' clustering yet?

Lotus Notes/Domino supports clustering of domino servers (failover/load-balancing) without the need for expensive hardware (like shared storage solutions etc.) and is also independant of OS platform (it's possible to have a domino cluster made out of domino servers running on top of OS/400, Linux, Win32 etc.).

I've setup a cluster in the past consisting of 4 domino servers, with to Internet Cluster Managers (ie ICM which is included in the Domino Enterprise server installation)for web access to handle the load (Notes clients will automatically fail-over when necessary). For each server you need two NIC's one NIC will be dedicated for Cluster traffic (the faster the better) and the other will be connected to the network (intra/internet). In this example the main hostname's configured in DNS to point to both ICM servers (DNS round-robin which in itself is a primitive form of load-balancing). The ICM servers handle incoming web requests and redirect them to a cluster member that has the highest availability index.
Any changes on one of the cluster member servers will be replicated immediately to the other members.

Checkout the administration help database that's installed by default on a domino server for detailed information.

Hope this helps you on your way.

ps if you use irc you might want to visit #notes on EFnet Woonjas
IRC: #notes on EFNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back