Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Notes R5 Reminder 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a bunch of users using Notes R5. The problem I am having is that on about 5% of them, when they go into the Calendar function and put in a reminder, it doesn't pop-up and remind them.

Any ideas what the problem is?

thanks,

JackJr

It might be that these users never activated their calendar profiles - this is not done automatically by the system but the owner of the mail database has to do it manually.

Ask them to go into 'Preferences' --> Calendar --> Alarms --> check the box 'enable alarms'. If the box is already marked then remove the mark and set it again. Then confirm with OK --> this should do the trick.

You could also try this.

This is also stored in Notes workstation's NOTES.INI file as $EnableAlarms=1 (when $EnableAlarms=0, the Alarms Daemon is off).

I support 1800 users and we still have this problem. We all have 5.05 clients. Our alarms still don't work despite changing the EnableAlarms section of the Notes.ini file on the client. I have the same problem as an admin and I have 5.10!! The interesting thing is that when I go into the mail file preferences and click OK, the alarms that I missed pop up in bulk... this happens to the users as well. Any suggestions?? Thanks!!
-Jdogga

EnableAlarms=1 worked as far as getting the box to pop up, but I had also set the reminder to email me. Why do I not have it in my inbox?

EnableAlarms=1 worked as far as getting the box to pop up, but I had also set the reminder to email me. Why do I not have it in my inbox?

Do you have the rights to run agents on the server? If not, forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back