Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Notes R5 Printing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMedz

IS-IT--Management
Dec 28, 2000
PH
(Im using version Notes 5.0.2C)
Body of Internet Mail Received in Notes Client Doesn't Print on 1st Page; Starts Printing on 2nd Page,This leaves almost all of the first page blank. If you open the document and select View, Show, Page Breaks, you will see a page break.
Dont know how to resolve this. I tried changing the "format preference for Incoming mail" into a "Notes Rich Text" and still nothing happens. Is this a bug on R5?
hope you guys can help me on this,
tnx!

Yes, it is a bug. I've come across this before. I found that there was certain part of the text in the document that Notes didn't like and wouldn't print it. I don't know if there is a work around though. If it's a really critical mail then cut and paste it into Word and everything should be cool.

I've also found the problem to be OS dependent. Our users on Win NT machines experience this all the time. Our Win98 users don't. Far as I can tell, there's no difference in Notes settings. No one's complained to me lately, so either the problem's gone away or people have just accepted it (I'll bet on the latter).

"One fish, two fish,

Red fish, blue fish."

don't think it's on the OS, coz' we're using win98SE as well. I also ask a friend of mine who's also using R5(but different release 5.0.5)and told me that they haven't experienced this situation.
Does Lotus declares this as a an official "BUG"?
Thanks! :)

Currently using R.5.05. Had no issues with that. But ealier had seen users using R.5.03 on NT, had problem in printing. One particular user, whatever he used to print the font size would get incresed by two points always. Never could find a solution for that.:-(

Printing with Notes has always been an issue.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back