Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NOTES PROBS--NEED HELP!!!!!!!1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetrogradePAK

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2002
CA
hi

i need some quick help on the following matters:

platform: lotus domino 5.0.6 lotus notes 5.0.5

- when we add the personal address book of a user and he tries to send an email, like we have (last name+first name convention) for local mails, what happenes is that the local address book is searched first, we want the global address book to be searched first, how can we do this?

- we migrated from ccmail, and people have their migrated archives, but all the sending options, line new memo, inboxes are present there too and the user can mistakenly send mails from the local archive database too, we have to disable these folders and action buttons related to mail sending. how can we do this?

please help.......|!!!!!!!!!1

1)You must tell your users not to use the Personal Address Book for addresses who also exist in the server Address Book.

2) You have to modify the design of your archive database (template) and remove/disable the actions.

well i think i did not put question correctly, i did not say that the local address book and the global ones have same email addresses. I meant that the local address is searched first and the type ahead feature picks up that email from the local address book if the email matches part of that.

Is their a way to either disable local address book lookup or allow the global book to be searched first?

You can disable address book lookup, but then it is also disabled for the server address book. This is a setting in the Location Profile (menu: File/Mobile/Locations)
Other options for the Lookup are there also, find what workes the best for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back