Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Notes Module Backup Terminating

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgoldie2

Technical User
Nov 6, 2003
US
Hi,

I've been having a problem backing up Lotus Notes databases using the notes backup module. See below:

* ukprd01:NOTES nsrnotesv: Error returned for E:\Lotus\Domino\Data\mail\jcanning.nsf by Notes API, error = 5034 (Cannot backup a database while it is being compacted.)
* ukprd01:NOTES nsrnotesv: Backup failed for E:\Lotus\Domino\Data\mail\jcanning.nsf
* ukprd01:NOTES nsrnotesv: Exit code: 3
* ukprd01:NOTES nsrnotesv: Parent Process had been terminated.
* ukprd01:NOTES nsrnotesv: The operation was aborted
* ukprd01:NOTES nsrnotesv: Backup failed for E:\Lotus\Domino\Data\mail\jbarrett.nsf
* ukprd01:NOTES nsrnotesv: Backup failed for E:\Lotus\Domino\Data\mail\jcallagh.nsf
* ukprd01:NOTES nsrnotesv: Backup failed for E:\Lotus\Domino\Data\mail\gsandiso.nsf

i've checked the notes.ini file and compacting does not run as a server task. Can't figure out how to stop this from happening.

any ideas?

The purpose is obvious - the db is treated as it is compacting. The question is why. Is there for incance a specific file which has been set but was not deleted the last time compaction ended.

I don't know how notes does it but if the API already treats the DB as busy, how do you expect any backup solution to react. I think the problem is on the DB side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back