Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

notes has disappeared....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinecone

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2006
IT
is the second time that my dad saves all his sidekick95 data onto his usb pen, where there are notes, calendar and appointments.
Today I've opened the notes file and has appeared immediately, as soon as i've opened it again it seems that all of notes(only notes)is empty...what has happened?
We got the sk95 on the pc runnin whit winxp sp2

thanx in advance

Dear Pinecone,

When you backup the notes file, do you do it with the Sidekick backup facility or another program & is Sidekick running at the time?

I am not too sure that Sidekick will open the Notes directly from the USB pen, you should save the notes on the hard disk and then copy them over to the USB pen to back them up and restore them back to the hard drive before you open them again.

Are there any other Note files on the computer check that first, + in the long run it is a very risky business betting ALL your data on a USB pen.

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back