Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NOTES: error "Either nothing was specified to backup or system is down

Status
Not open for further replies.

p3jeffperry

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2007
US
I am having a problem everytime I run my NOTES: save set for my Lotus server backup. I am running Networker 7.3.1 and Lotus module 3.0. I am not sure where the problem is and am pretty new to the Networker software. Everytime the backup runs it fails with the following error "Either nothing was specified to backup or system is down. Please help!!!

Hi,

have you specified the correct backup command in the client
definition? It is supposed to be nsrnotesv to be able to understand the save set NOTES:

Will a manual backup from NetWorker for Lotus work or does that produce an error?

I am using the nsrnotesv command in my backup, but I did just notice one thing. When I do a backup of my notes server with the All save set my D: drive is not being recognized. This is the drive where notes is installed. That may be the problem with the NOTES: not working. I just do not know why the D: drive is not recognized. If I change the Save Set to D:\ then it sees it and completes successfully. Any ideas?

You must configure 2 client resources:
- 1 for the file backups (excluding the notes directory)
- 1 for the notes server backup (D: only)

SO do I create one for All which is skipping the D: drive and then another one for D:\ to get the D Drive?

Thats only half of thre truth !
With notes Module 3.0 the Saveset Name Notes: ist only a label for recognizing the saveset, otherwise ALL should not have worked as an saveset name with the nsrnotesv command.
With Notes Module 3.0 you have to specify a command-file.
Therefore your backup command should look like this :

nsrnotesv -z <path_to command_file>\name_of_commandfile
a template of a commandfile is located in the nsr\bin Directory after installing the notes module.

In this commandfile the following line

NSR_BACKUP_PATHS = "F:\Lotus\domino\data"

specifies the saveset.

Witout a valid commandfile and a valid NSR_Backup_paths variable the message "nothing to save" is absolutely correct !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back