Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Notes Client 5.012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2004
CH
Hi all

In our company we use Notes R5.012 and one of our user has the following problem:

the scrollbar on the right side dosen't work in conjunction with a Mouse (p.a Logitech Mouse Man) which has a Wheel

i tried to update the client (notes) and the Mousedriver but it dosen't work

any ideas?
thanks for your help

best regards

E.Altherr

Maybe try a different driver - a standard MS one, for example ?

Having said that, I will be the first to recognize that scrollbars and Notes have always been a problem. Ever since the wheel mouse has been invented, I've always had inconsistent behavior in Notes.
For example, I have an MS optical wheel mouse right now, set to scroll 15 lines for every wheel position change. In every single application I use (MS Office apps, browsers, even Paint Shop Pro), it does just that. In Notes, it scrolls one line, no more, no less.
As far as I can remember, this has been an ongoing battle between Notes users and Lotus ever since the beginning (meaning at least since 1998, maybe even before). Users have been repeatedly reporting scrolling issues for years, and Lotus has been repeatedly denying that a problem exists, stating that the scroll uses standard Windows DLL calls and therefor cannot be influenced by running under Notes.
Excuse me, but that is pure bull. When Notes is the single app out of 80+ on my PC that does not behave like every other one under the command of the wheel, there can be no other culprit than Notes.
But apparently, this issue is too complicated for Lotus to solve.

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back