Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Notes Archive Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

richsabe

Technical User
Jul 21, 2004
US
New to Notes and having a problem. Running Domino and Notes (both R5.0.5). On my computer from the Notes workspace I click on Archive, go to settings and tell it I want to archive all documents not read or accessed after 180 days and archive all documents not modified or updated after 180days. And it works fine.

The problem is that it isn’t working correctly on other computers. I have tried 3 other computers and the only thing I have done differently is to change the location for the archive database. On those three I have said to create the archive on the users private folder on a server. The individual has “Full Access” to their folder. When I tell the system to archive, it creates the a_USERNAME.nsf in the location specified. When you open the a_USERNAME.nsf it shows all the folders that were in the username.nsf but there is no mail. When you click on the all documents folder there is nothing there. But when you go back to the username.nsf it has been archived and mail older than 180 days is not there.

Is the problem that the location I have specified is not on my local workstation? Any help will be appreciated

Hello,

I have come across issues with 5.x Archiving. I would check the all documents view on all archives. Do you have the "on server" option checked? Your users probably don't have rights to archive on the Domino box, but it's something to check.

Rgds,

John

Sorry, wasn't clear about this: the archive is not being placed on the mail server.

The mail file (user.nsf) is on the MAIL01 server and the archive (a_user.nsf) is being placed on the RESOURCE01 server. Each user has a private folder (their P: drive), each user has full control of their on P: drive folder and I told the system to place the archive there. The archive is being placed where I told it to, and the folders are all there, it's just that no mail is being put into any of the folders

Thanks

Hello,

OK, what if you "manual" archive? Try to change your archive settings and forget the agent (older then...). Do the messages get copied with a manual archive?

Rgds,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back