Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Notes and UNIX PERL scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 12, 2000
US
Hello,

I have been asked to find a way to update a Informix database with data from a notes document. I have created a button which calls a CGI script that is on a UNIX box that is running Apache and other tasks. The script inserts/selects the data into/from the Informix database. The CGI script is also called from a web page which the users can update, insert and select data from the Informix database. I thought it would be easy to just use the same script from Notes since I have called other CGI scripts in the past.
Our Notes is running on Windows NT/ Novell.

Problem:
Whenever I click on the button Notes will lunch a browser or try to display a web page if the browser is already running. This has not been a problem before because we wanted a web page to come up. I can run the script from UNIX command line and the browser does not come up. So this seems like a Notes issue.

Questions:
1. Can you call a CGI script from Notes without having a browser come up? or
2. How do I get Notes to call a regular PERL script from a UNIX server?

I have tried a number of ways to run the PERL script I keep getting one of two error messages.
A. Can not locate the program.
B. Can not invoke the program. This almost makes me think that it is finding the program but does not know how to run it.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back