Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Notes agent not run

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlmk

MIS
Feb 1, 2001
HK
I have setup an agent in notes nsf and schedule it to run every night. However it just cannot run with the following message from the log.nsf

AMgr: Agent ('PruneLog' in 'data/dataLog.nsf') error message: Notes error: Entry not found in index (Transaction Journal\By User)

I have tried to compact the database and let it rebuild the index. But it still pops up the message. Any ideas?? Thanks.

Are you using script in the agent ?
This happened to me when i was deleting documents from a view. The reason was that when i deleted a document from the view, it was not available in the view. And the script was like it was getting a handle to the next document to be deleted from the previous document which was deleted, something like - nextdoc = db.getnextdocument(prvdoc).
Now since the previous document was deleted, it was not available in the view. So the agent could not get a handle to the next document.
Do check up your script. It might be for the same reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back